What is a 360 Degree Feedback Survey?
360 degree feedback survey is a multi - rater feedback survey that provides individuals (subjects) with thorough and constructive feedback from their raters which include -
- Direct reports/subordinates
- Peers/colleagues and
The feedback received is comparatively analysed vis-a-vis the subjects’ self-assessment. A 360 degree feedback survey normally include 40-50 questions, covered under different parameters and dimensions. The 360 degree questions are both close-ended and open-ended, giving out a quantitative as well qualitative analysis.
The primary reason to do this full circle confidential review is to -
- Gain information about ones performance (work behaviour, hidden strengths, blind spots, etc) from multiple perspectives.
- Offer an honest and trustworthy channel to people to give and receive real time feedback.
- Carry out effective performance appraisals at work.
- Decide the future course of action keeping employees and the organisation un mind.
Running a 360 degree appraisal is a smart way to gain relevant feedback on employees and is also very crucial for an organisations’ performance management program.
More on 360 Degree Feedback